This body of believers began meeting in a local school house in 1841 near Ballinger’s Mill which is today Grice Lake Scout Camp. Initially the church was called Nazareth Church. Itinerate ministers came once every six or eight weeks . In 1858 the Nazareth Church was on the Alloway town circuit served by Rev. J.W. McDougal as pastor. On the 27th day of April 1868 plans were made to begin building a brick structure that would soon become Aldine Methodist Episcopal church. In the fall of 1893 a cyclone passed through the area removing the roof and demolishing the east end of the building. The building was not used again until 6 years later.
In the early 1930′s the Aldine school house, which was originally located on Canhouse road, was moved by logs and horses through the fields to a place behind the church. The school house would become our social hall. The social hall then became the location of many dinners, social functions and the first of our annual Duck Suppers. In 1982 the education building was constructed which added the gym, new kitchen and several Sunday school rooms. More recently, in 2001 the church building and education building were connected. The sanctuary was enlarged, an elevator was added and several more Sunday school rooms were included with handicap accessibility.
In the last 15 years, we have seen tremendous growth as a result of evangelistic preaching and outreach ministries. Members of this congregation continue to respond to the call to “Go” . They see mission and ministry as a vital part of worshiping here. Aldine have commissioned over ten people who have become full-time missionaries or pastors. We every year send teams to Jamaica, Haiti, Arizona, Tennessee, Kentucky. We have also conducted various local ministries such as Basketball and soccer camps, migrant and prison ministries. We praise God that he continues to use us to “Go into the world and make disciples of all nations”. If you would like further information don’t hesitate to call or stop by.